How to use the PVM10CAM in portrait mode (with the camera in the LHS / RHS position)
Equipment required: PC / Laptop with full admin rights, Internet Explorer installed and a device capable of being a DHCP server (e.g. router or NVR with PoE to power the PVM10CAM), camera “sniffing” tool / utility, Sandisk SD card - 16GB or lower, small torx wrench that comes with the PVM10CAM to remove rear cover, 2 x CAT5e patch leads and PVM10CAM IR remote)
- Ensure your PC / Laptop network card is set up as follows (Static – note: the Class C address used in the example is proven to work) (fig1)
- Download the Smart Manager software from the following location:
NOTE THAT DUE TO RECENT MICROSOFT UPDATES, WHEN YOU GO TO THE ABOVE LINK IT MAY COME UP WITH A “WHOOPS, THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE PREVIEW”, IGNORE, CLICK ON DOWNLOAD, IT WILL SCAN FOR VIRUSES AND THEN SAVE IT TO YOUR LAPTOP. OPEN FOLDER, SAVE TO DESKTOP, EXTRACT AND THEN RUN SMART MANAGER.
- Load this software onto the PC / laptop and then run the application
- Connect your PC / Laptop to the same network as the PVM10CAM
- Take PVM10CAM IR remote and press menu and navigate to:
- Set up menu / Camera Setting / Network Setting.
- Change Mode from DHCP to Static.
- Change details to (fig2)
- Select ONVIF Device Only from the dropdown box and click on the search / refresh button immediately to the left. Depending on the network configuration, EM8362 (will be displayed), double click on this to get into the camera webpages (fig3)
– INTERNET EXPLORER MUST BE USED –
- Navigate to Configuration / Media / Image / Video settings page and in the Video Orientation line, Tick the “Flip” and the “Mirror” boxes, then “Save” (fig4)
- Click on the “Home” tab at the top of the webpage and the image will be displayed on the PC / Laptop 90 degree anti clockwise, (fig5) but on the PVM10CAM, will be correctly orientated – note that the PVM10CAM needs to be rotated 90 degree to the right so that the camera in now on the LHS
- To change the logo screen on the PVM10CAM
- you will require an SD card, 16GB or lower, from a reputable brand e.g. Sandisk
- A .jpg image (1280x800) needs to be created and called 1 (note that in portrait mode the image needs to be the same resolution, but the logo or design needs to be rotated 90 degree anti clockwise (fig6) if the camera is on the LHS and 90 degree clockwise if the camera is on the RHS (existing images can be emailed quite quickly if you have lost or deleted. With notice, new design images can be provided and both of these requests are to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Create a folder on the SD card name it: jpeg
- Copy and paste image 1 into the jpeg folder
- Insert SD card into PVM10CAM whilst it is powered, it will then upload the image (if the SD card is recognised then the blue LED will flash.
- The logo should appear after approx 10 secs of no video motion, then remove SD card (no need to down power).
- To disable the flashing, on screen warning when motion is active (which is only available in Landscape mode), use the PVM10CAM IR remote and click the following:
- Main menu / PVM function / Display Message OFF, then EXIT
This completes the Procedure.